Recycling is one of the best ways of reducing a huge amount of waste ending up in landfills. By diverting waste away from the landfills, it provides us with an array of benefits such as saving our resources and minimising the emission of greenhouse gases.
An average Australian generates up to 540 kg of household waste annually. In the 2018-19 National Waste Report, the country has generated a 10% increase in solid waste over the last two (2) years (2016-17). Furthermore, out of the 75.8 million tonnes of solid waste, over half or 38.5 million tonnes of rubbish was sent for recycling.
Let us help in alleviating the detrimental effects of improper waste management and make use of the resources we have already extracted through recycling. By understanding what you should throw in the yellow bin, it will significantly contribute to mitigating the alarming rise of the rubbish our country produces annually.
What types of rubbish belong in the yellow bin?
Yellow bins in the City of Sydney should contain only the following acceptable rubbish items and must be closed tightly. Check out the following acceptable waste materials to your yellow lid waste bin, including:
Plastic & Aluminium Containers and Packaging
- Steel tins, cans and aluminium
- Aerosol cans (make sure it’s empty)
- Aluminium foil (scrunch into a tennis-sized ball)
- Jars and glass bottles (make sure to separate the metal lids and place the small ones in an empty tin)
- Milk and juice bottles
- Plastic containers such as shampoo, conditioner, hand & body wash, laundry liquid and powder
- Plastic water and soft drink bottles
- Plastic food containers, trays and tubs
Cardboard and Paper
- Cardboard boxes including empty pizza boxes
- Egg cartons
- Newspaper and magazines
- Envelopes (even those with plastic windows)
- Advertising materials (make sure to remove plastic wrapping)
Before you place all your unwanted waste in the yellow bin, make sure to remove any food scraps from pizza boxes and empty the aerosols.
What rubbish items that do not belong in the yellow bin?
- Plastic bags and soft plastics such as biscuit, bread bags, confectionery packets, etc.
- Meat trays and foam packaging such as polystyrene
- Mirrors, window glass, light globes
- Drinking glasses and pyrex
- Sharps and syringes
- Car parts
- Home appliances
- Tissue paper and napkins]nappies
- Other mixed materials such as items combined with cardboard, plastic, foil or metal. For instance, milk cartons, ice cream containers
Yellow Bin: Recycling Tips
Before you start sorting your unwanted rubbish items for your yellow lid bin, know the following handy recycling tips. These handy recycling tips will make sorting easy as a breeze.
- Keep them loose. Avoid placing your recyclables in a plastic bag. Plastic bags can jam the machinery at the sorting facility.
- Rinse or not to rinse. Rinsing the rubbish items is no longer necessary. All you have to do is keep your recyclables empty and dry.
- Scrunch test. In identifying soft and hard plastics, do the scrunch test. In case you can scrunch the plastic into a ball easily, it can’t go into the yellow lid bin. Moreover, plastic packaging that bounces or keeps its structure–can go to the yellow bin.
What Type of Rubbish We Remove
Kurt’s Rubbish Removal provides a comprehensive and competitive range of rubbish removal services in Sydney. By providing accessible and tailored rubbish removal services, it will help enforce the recycling efforts of our local government in reducing the waste ending up in the landfills.
The following is a list of a few of the many rubbish removal services we offer across Sydney, including:
- Garden waste removal
- E-waste rubbish removal
- Renovation rubbish removal
- Old furniture removal
- ..and more
We guarantee you that our expert rubbish removalist can handle all types of heavy waste removal from household to commercial. Even the most demanding and complex types of rubbish removal services in Sydney.
Prompt and Trusted Rubbish Removal Company in Sydney
We value customer experience. That’s why we provide accessible and affordable rubbish removal services in Sydney. Kurt’s Rubbish Removal guarantees you that our company follows strict regulations, proper waste management and disposal of all your rubbish.
We are an EPA-compliant and eco-friendly rubbish removal company that advocates for the welfare of the community and the environment. We take pride in our effort of providing a safe and clean community for the succeeding generation. Feel free to connect with us today, our friendly staff will help you walk throughout the process in providing you solutions to all your rubbish problems.
For same-day rubbish removal services, call Kurt’s Rubbish Removal today at 0428 255 438.